Just so happened to find this easy recipe on Pinterest, and love to make it as a staple. Add chicken for an easy meal.
- 1 (16-ounce) bag shredded red cabbage (or about 4 cups shredded cabbage)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Asian honey vinaigrette (see below)
ASIAN HONEY VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or any cooking oil)
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave, to make this vegan)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
TO MAKE THE SLAW: Toss all ingredients together until combined. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 day.
TO MAKE THE ASIAN HONEY VINAIGRETTE: Whisk all ingredients together until combined.